ShoreMusic.org
Posted By: Matthews Tonight's practice - 09/26/2001 2:37 AM
I just wanted to say that I had a blast at tonight's practice! There were alot of people, the instrumentation was covered, and the energy was there!! With a little polish, who knows where we could go! <br><br>Tuesday Nights<br>7:00 pm <br>Mary N. Smith Middle School band room
Posted By: wdize Re: Tonight's practice - 09/26/2001 12:08 PM
I have to agree with you. Things all seem to work out as we get closer to a performance. I have to say that the group as a whole acts more like professionals everyday. I am extremely proud to be a part of this organization and will do as much in my power as necessary to help it grow even more. Playing concerts is rewarding, but there is just something about marching that gets your blood pumping. I think David Parks said best last night when he said the important thing was to have a good time. !!
Posted By: margieb Re: Tonight's practice - 09/26/2001 2:06 PM
I definitely agree and what I like seeing is the energy and excitement that the kids have. They are so excited about this trip - (sometimes too excited as exhibited by the energy of my daughter!!!). I do appreciate the support and effort us older guys give these school kids. It just gives me and other parents a good feeling to see your kid excited about the band-there is so much else they could be doing.

I know they might be a handful sometimes but I really want them to have a good time on the trip and make them want to continue and do more of this type of thing.
Posted By: Bobby Isdell Re: Tonight's practice - 09/27/2001 8:27 PM
9/25 practice was super! The Band Room could hardly contain all the music. If we get many more musicians we will need to find a larger place. That,s a good problem.

P.S. Has anyone ever considered starting an Evening Adult Beginner Band Class??
Posted By: Matthews Re: Tonight's practice - 09/28/2001 1:25 PM
An adult beginner band class sounds like a great idea! I'd be glad to help out (time permitting with college and all)
Posted By: SandyM Re: Tonight's practice - 09/30/2001 4:47 PM
An adult beginner class would be fun and a good way to recruit new members. I've met several adult who have said they always wanted to learn an instrument. I wouldn't mind learn a second instrument too. Maybe something could be set up for a different night of the week. It could run for part of the year, after which members would "graduate" up to Community Band rehersals on Tuesday nights.
© ShoreMusic.org