ShoreMusic.org
Posted By: SandyM Food Lion Fund Raiser - 02/25/2002 9:50 PM
The band is now signed up for a fundraiser through Food Lion that gives a percentage of your grocery purchase to the charity of your choice. You need to use your MVP card when you shop for us to get credit. To sign up, go to www.foodlion.com and click the shop and share link. Select Virginia, Accomac, and Accomack Community Band from the drop down menus and fill in your information. We all need to be signed up by the next quarter, which starts on April 1st. We can get up to $350 a quarter, which is $1,400 a year, which is pretty good. I don't know what percentage they give, so try to get all your friends and family to sign up so we can get the maximum donation. If you don't want to use the computer, you can sign up by calling Food Lion Customer Service at 1-800-210-9569 and ask to sign up for the shop and share program.

Sandy
Posted By: Beth_L Re: Food Lion Fund Raiser - 02/26/2002 3:54 PM
Sounds good, I'll hop on over and sign-up like a good dobee. Suggestion - do you think we can put up some flyers about this? Beth
Posted By: Beth_L Re: Food Lion Fund Raiser - 02/26/2002 4:03 PM
Just a note about the sign-up process. The 12 digit MVP number that the form is asking for is "the number on the back of the card under the bar code". Beth
Posted By: Bobby Isdell Re: Food Lion Fund Raiser - 03/01/2002 9:03 PM
Good one! I'm all signed up.
Posted By: MelissaSimpson Re: Food Lion Fund Raiser - 03/05/2002 9:09 PM
okay, I have finally gotten the chance to take care of registration. All done. I will work on getting the rest of my family's information off of their cards and register them also.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Food Lion Fund Raiser - 10/19/2002 3:22 PM
Is this still active? I tried to register but the band is listed as not active for 2003 on the foodlion web site.
Posted By: wdize Re: Food Lion Fund Raiser - 10/23/2002 1:13 PM
The band has been reactivated for 2003. As a reminder to all who signed up in the past you must register again to have your mvp card included in the process. It only takes a few minutes and can be done online at Foodlion.com. We can sign up as many people as possible for this and it is a great way to receive funds. Link your card to the Accomack Community Band under fundraising on the foodlion web site. If you have any problems let me know.

Wayne
Posted By: Bobby Isdell Re: Food Lion Fund Raiser - 10/28/2002 9:21 PM
Have we ever received a check from them? I was signed up all of last year.
Posted By: wdize Re: Food Lion Fund Raiser - 10/29/2002 3:23 PM
The minimum that they will send a check for is $50.00 and I was notified that our earnings for last quarter were $47.00 so they will roll that over into next quarter. That is why it is important to sign up as many people as possible. Let your family and coworkers know about this and see if they are willing to sign up. It doesn't cost anything and if they use their MVP card anyhow we may as well benefit from it. Get them to go to the Foodlion web site and sign up under fundraising programs. This is called the the shop and share program and we are listed as a group in Accomac, Va.
© ShoreMusic.org