ShoreMusic.org
Posted By: clarisax4 what is the best type of instrument to buy - 12/15/2006 8:20 PM
if you are looking for the best brand to buy? yamaha is kinda bad but it hold good too.
Posted By: Matthews Re: what is the best type of instrument to buy - 12/15/2006 10:18 PM
This depends on the type of instrument you're looking for, as well as the amount of money you're willing to spend on the instrument. For general school use, there isn't anything wrong with Yamaha. They're quite good.

Remember, this is just my opinion. You should always research an instrument in depth before you purchase one. Ideally, you should be able to play the instrument before you buy it.

For Saxophones, you can't go wrong with Selmer. I play a Bundy II (made by Selmer), and it works very well. It is a student level instrument. Here is the Selmer website: http://www.selmer.com/

For Clarinets, I'd recommend Buffet, hands down. Here is the website:
http://www.buffet-crampon.com/

I'll try to post more later.
well the vito i had was dying of everything. is a clarinet from walmart a bad choice?
Posted By: skyler Re: what is the best type of instrument to buy - 12/18/2006 3:26 PM
i bought an 80 dollar mouth piece for the tuba
i forget what brand is it though
why 80 dollars man. that is a lot
Posted By: skyler Re: what is the best type of instrument to buy - 12/18/2006 10:47 PM
because then it is good quality and it makes ur tone better and what not
@Walmart Instruments - I can't stress this enough. Do not buy an instrument from a department store. It will (in most cases) add to the frustration level of learning/progressing.

@Mouthpieces - That is an excellent point. I urge you all to purchase your own mouthpiece. For one thing, it's yours! Another thing, you can grow with it and have a quality "interface" with the instrument. Good mouthpieces come in a wide range of prices.

My clarinet mouthpiece was around $50 and is a Vandoren V45. I use a Rovner dark ligature and Vandoren V12 reeds.
i know a boy that got his trumpet from walmart and he really never had any problems with it
© ShoreMusic.org