ShoreMusic.org
Posted By: Matthews Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba...etc help - 01/24/2002 5:01 PM
If you're just beginning to learn a Brass instrument (Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba..etc) and are having problems or a general question, this is the place to post your questions.

Let's say you're having a problem such as...

On page 13 of the Greenbook, line 74. I'm having problems with the 4th measure.

or,

I'm learning the trumpet and am having trouble getting any notes to come out.

Please be sure to post what instrument you're learning.

Enjoy!
Posted By: mamuro Re: Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba...etc help - 01/29/2002 4:31 PM
I am having trouble learning the trombone, more with the ta te to thing, I can't seem to make the proper sounds, can anyone help?
Posted By: Matthews Re: Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba...etc help - 02/01/2002 5:29 PM
I'm hardly an expert on anything brass, but I'd suggest trying to get at least one note out (the toooo), and holding it as an excercise to build your lip (embechure). The more ou're able to get that one note, the more ready you'll be to hit other notes. It takes time, but you'll get the hang of it!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba...etc help - 03/11/2002 2:38 AM
hey, instead of saying ta or to, say da or do. Just replace the t's with d's . It simulates playing into your horn. ta doesnt set your embosure, da does
Posted By: skyler Re: Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba...etc help - 12/08/2006 3:59 PM
i hate double toungeing its hard and i cant do it
or is it triple idk
Posted By: kornkid77 Re: Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba...etc help - 12/19/2006 9:15 PM
yeah i used to take lessons at salisbury music, and he taught me how to do double tonguing and it was REALLY hard at first, but once u get the main "just" of it, its pretty east.
Posted By: Shaquilla Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba...etc help - 02/08/2008 9:45 PM
blush What is the best way to teach two new people how to play the trombone and what is the best kind of trombone to buy if you've been in band for four years now? Do you have to hold a trombone a certain kind of way to get a good sound? ]
sometimes.. playing trumpet can be a total butt!.. just keep doing it
this is my fourth year playing trumpet and yea.. ive had sometimes when i wanted to throw it out the door and stomp on it.. but i didnt.. cuz its brought meh far.. and i hope to go even farther.. lol
Posted By: clarisax4 Re: Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba...etc help - 10/13/2008 8:03 PM
i have been trying to learn how to play trombone but the note have been coming out airy. why is this???
Posted By: Matthews Re: Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba...etc help - 10/14/2008 7:51 PM
Many of our trombones leak around the water key. Might want to check that.
probly becasue the spit volve thing isnt all the way shut.... try keeping it shut and playin..clarisax4
Posted By: clarisax4 Re: Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba...etc help - 11/05/2008 4:36 AM
yeah mr. matthews is right. most of our trombones are so crappy. it is hard to find a good instrument in this school. i need to start practicing again. i know most of the positions. i just need to practice on the bass clef. it is hard for me....... clarisax=chelbi
© ShoreMusic.org