ShoreMusic.org
Posted By: Matthews What are you reading? - 12/12/2006 4:48 PM
Check back here from time to time to see what folks are reading.

I just finished Tim Power's "The Anubis Gates". It's a neat book about time travel. There was a weird section where the protagonist traveled to Egypt...it was hard to follow, but other than that, it was a fun read.

http://www.amazon.com/Anubis-Gates-Tim-Powers/dp/0441004016

Currently, I'm reading some non-fiction, called "The Psychology of Music".

http://www.amazon.com/Psychology-Music-Carl-E-Seashore/dp/0486218511
Posted By: skyler Re: What are you reading? - 12/12/2006 4:49 PM
well i would like to be reading harry potter but jt never lent me the book so hes reading it now
Posted By: kornkid77 Re: What are you reading? - 12/12/2006 4:49 PM
Im reading the new harry potter book "the half blood prince"...im sure that everybody has read it already but me..haha
Posted By: clarinet 2 Re: What are you reading? - 12/15/2006 8:13 PM
I have so many books started right now. I am reading Emma by Jane Austen (same author who wrote pride and predjuice). I'm also reading White Dragon by Anne McCathery (spell?) which is a fanasty book about a boy who touched a dragon egg before it was developed and now its smaller and weak and he has to raise it or something. I'm also reading Nancy Drew which is kind of embarassing, but my mom had wanted me to read it forever.
Posted By: kornkid77 Re: What are you reading? - 12/15/2006 9:54 PM
I have started reading the book "Eragon" because they just made a movie from it and i wanted to read the book before i see the movie
Posted By: Matthews Re: What are you reading? - 12/15/2006 10:30 PM
Same here. When I'm not reading the Psychology of Music, I'm reading Eragon as well. (Thanks Clarinet4, for loaning me the book).

Over the summer, I started reading the "Sword of Truth" series. It's all fantasy, akin to Lord of the Rings. Here is Terry Goodkind's website: http://www.terrygoodkind.com/

I'd highly recommend it. He's very good at character description and development.

@Nancy Drew - When I was in school, I used to read the Hardy Boy mysteries. They're great summertime reading!
Posted By: Hanna Re: What are you reading? - 12/16/2006 2:59 AM
I'm am still readin East of Eden...lol it is a long book and it seems like I have been reading forever, but I gess it is starting to come together...I will just have to wait and see when it is done.
Hanna O'Toole
Lefty
Posted By: Matthews Re: What are you reading? - 12/19/2006 6:57 AM
When I start a book, I have to read about 45-65 pages before I'm really "in to it".
Posted By: clarinet 2 Re: What are you reading? - 01/01/2007 3:00 AM
Great news fellow Harry Potter geeks!! The new title has just been released. Its called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. I'm very excited!! Now all I need is a release date so I can pre-order it from amazon.com (whick by the way is a great place to order stuff from because everything ships in like 2 days with standard shipping). In case anyone has read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, the new one is coming out on January 19. I've actully pre-ordered that one too.
Posted By: Hanna Re: What are you reading? - 01/02/2007 12:47 AM
OMG...i love The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series!!! Could i like use the book when you are finished reading it?? PLEASE.....
Posted By: Matthews Re: What are you reading? - 01/02/2007 6:43 AM
@Harry Potter - Nice, I can't wait! For those who are interested, here is J.K. Rowling's website. (Check out the part about banned books)

http://www.jkrowling.com/
Posted By: skyler Re: What are you reading? - 01/02/2007 3:20 PM
ummmmm
son of a witch
Posted By: Matthews Re: What are you reading? - 01/02/2007 8:27 PM
What does that mean?
Posted By: skyler Re: What are you reading? - 01/04/2007 3:40 PM
and i got mirror mirror
Posted By: skyler Re: What are you reading? - 01/04/2007 3:41 PM
confessions of an ugly step sister
Posted By: skyler Re: What are you reading? - 01/04/2007 3:41 PM
son of a witch is a book
Posted By: skyler Re: What are you reading? - 01/04/2007 3:42 PM
sequel to "wicked" really good
Posted By: Matthews Re: What are you reading? - 01/04/2007 8:05 PM
Ahh, I see. That's a spin off of the Wizard of Oz?
Posted By: Mikey Re: What are you reading? - 01/10/2007 3:57 PM
i am reading a midsummer nights dream by Shakespeare. dude the most confusing book ever
Posted By: skyler Re: What are you reading? - 01/10/2007 4:01 PM
yes it is now im reading son of a witch so far so good
Posted By: clarinet 2 Re: What are you reading? - 02/01/2007 11:04 PM
HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HOLLOWS RELEASE DATE IS JULY 21, 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pre-ordering is avaible now and I am so excited!!!!
Posted By: skyler Re: What are you reading? - 02/02/2007 10:49 PM
wow that is amazing
Posted By: skyler Re: What are you reading? - 02/02/2007 10:50 PM
im reading some parts of midsummer nights dream
Posted By: Matthews Re: What are you reading? - 02/04/2007 6:50 AM
I'm finally reading Eragon. Just bought a copy tonight, so I'll be able to return your's clarinet4!

I may have to take a break and read the "Bridge to Tarabithia" <sp?> Especially since the movie is coming out in a few weeks!
Posted By: clarisax4 Re: What are you reading? - 02/07/2007 6:30 PM
i'm reading a book called "ttyl" by lauren myracle. it is all gossipy and everything.
Posted By: Hanna Re: What are you reading? - 02/07/2007 11:15 PM
"im reading some parts of midsummer nights dream

midsummer nights dream is a good book!!!
Posted By: clarinet 2 Re: What are you reading? - 02/08/2007 2:47 AM
I love "Bridge to Teribethia". I read it in like 4th grade and i remember really liking it, but I actually don't remember what it's about. I'm reading Abarat 2 which is really weird and science-fictiony, but has really great illustrations that the author painted himself (gotta love picture books). Its about this girl who gets taken from present day USA from like Kansas or something into this world were each island is a different time. Like one o'clock island and stuff. She has to stop the Midnight King from taking over the whole world and causing eternal darkness.

But a book I recommend to every girl in the world ( maybe guys too, I don't know) is The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. It's not like any other teen fiction book ,or "fluff" book as I call them, I've ever read. What I mean is, this book isn't "fluffy". Its not full of nonsense. Deep stuff. Deep stuff.
Posted By: clarinet 2 Re: What are you reading? - 02/08/2007 2:51 AM
Hey all you "Mid-Summer Night's Dream" readers. Try out for spring drama. The play this year is, you guessed it, Mid-Summer Night's Dream. And since you all are reading it and all, you'll understand perfectly what is going on. Which is convient because the last day to audition/ call backs are on Feb. 8, which is tomorrow.
Posted By: clarisax4 Re: What are you reading? - 03/04/2007 5:38 AM
im reading this good book called black and white. it is an inspiring book although it is about to boys shooting an old man.
Posted By: Matthews Re: What are you reading? - 03/27/2007 1:55 AM
I finally finished the Left Hander's Syndrome , and man was it depressing! Very interesting, but I am glad to be finished with it.

I am now about 40% through Eragon and am enjoying it immensely! I agree with Clarinet4 that it is pulling heavily from Star Wars and Lord of the Rings...I'm seeing more of the Star Wars influence right now. It is good, none-the-less.

On a professional level, I just ordered two new books, which I look forward to:
Pathways: A Guide for Energizing & Enriching Band, Orchestra, & Choral Programs

and

The Creative Director: Alternative Rehearsal Techniques

I'll keep ya posted smile
© ShoreMusic.org