ShoreMusic.org
Posted By: clarinet 2 Jazz band - 12/15/2006 7:50 PM
I just did a really long report (8 pages) about jazz and the Jazz Age. I was really interesting and I got to listen to some really cool music. Arcadia High School needs a Jazz Band. Jazz is super cool and really fun to play.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Jazz band - 12/15/2006 7:58 PM
dudes. jazz is funky,in agood way
Posted By: clarisax4 Re: Jazz band - 12/15/2006 8:11 PM
it is. jazz is the most awesome thing ever.
Posted By: justin ullom Re: Jazz band - 12/15/2006 8:12 PM
dude like no ones here
Posted By: Matthews Re: Jazz band - 12/15/2006 8:13 PM
I'd like to do this in the Spring. Since we won't have marching band, it'd be a good thing to start up after school. I'm more interested in Big Band/ Swing music.
Posted By: clarinet 2 Re: Jazz band - 12/15/2006 8:17 PM
I like big band/swing too. Thats kind of what i ment when i said jazz band. We need to play some Glen Miller stuff.
Posted By: clarinet 2 Re: Jazz band - 12/15/2006 8:17 PM
I like big band/swing too. Thats kind of what i ment when i said jazz band. We need to play some Glen Miller stuff.
Posted By: Hanna Re: Jazz band - 12/16/2006 2:45 AM
I would to play some jazz music for a jazz band... I might not be able to stay after school alot, but i will be in Band next semester so i will be able to keep up...it sounds like alot of fun and it would give me a chance to bring out my sax again...yehhhh.
Hanna O'Toole
Lefty
Posted By: skyler Re: Jazz band - 12/18/2006 3:29 PM
hmm im doing jazz band
Posted By: crip_09 Re: Jazz band - 12/18/2006 4:14 PM
i think we should start a jazz band too. I call drum set.
Posted By: Matthews Re: Jazz band - 12/19/2006 6:17 AM
Here are some tunes I'd like to get started on:

Tuxedo Junction
Pennsylvania 6-5000
In the Mood
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

Some Satchemo...
C'est Si Bon
Hello Dolly
Sunny Side of the Street
Mack the Knife
Sweet Georgia Brown

We could do some pieces for solo voice...maybe some Etta James, ever heard "At Last"?

The skies the limit! The community band did a few gigs in which we hosted a Dinner/Dance. It was very classy and a good fund raiser.

An endeavor like this isn't going to be easy and it'll take a lot of practice (both in the rehearsal and at home), but it has the potential to be very fun, with possible travel opportunity.

Anyway, I'm excited about it. I'll post more over break to get something organized for the new year.
© ShoreMusic.org