ShoreMusic.org
Posted By: Matthews Adult Music Classes - 10/24/2001 1:40 PM
Greetings!<br><br>Some members of the Accomack Community Band are talking about starting a music class for adults who wish to learn an instrument. At the moment, we're shooting for early next year to begin (which will give us time to organize). <br><br>If you are interested, or know of anyone who may be interested, reply to this post or email: hatter@intercom.net. Be sure to include the instrument you wish to learn, and your location (i.e., Atlantic, Parksley, Onancock, Mappsville, Oak Hall...etc). <br><br>Chris<br>
Posted By: SandyM Re: Adult Music Classes - 10/24/2001 7:35 PM
I'd like to learn percussion (or trumpet). I'm in Onancock. Sounds like fun.

Sandy
Posted By: wdize Re: Adult Music Classes - 10/25/2001 12:38 PM
I am interested and would like to learn trumpet. I ma in Onancock too.

Wayne
Posted By: Bobby Isdell Re: Adult Music Classes - 10/26/2001 5:41 PM
My wife has expressed an intrest in learning to play flute or clarinet. We live in Onley.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Adult Music Classes - 11/01/2001 1:13 PM
I am a beginning flute player and live in Exmore. Would be interested in taking a class. any info can be sent to bchan@visi.net
Posted By: vampire Re: Adult Music Classes - 11/16/2001 2:28 PM
I'd like to learn a wind instrument...something easier than drums to transport and set-up smile

Posted By: MelissaSimpson Re: Adult Music Classes - 12/05/2001 4:35 PM
I have a crewmember up here at the base who played under Steelman at Onancock High School many years ago. He lives in the Parksley area. Used to play the trombone. Wants to maybe learn to play baritone or tuba. Get me information so I can pass this one.
Posted By: wdize Re: Adult Music Classes - 12/06/2001 1:20 PM
The first date set for the Adult beginning band class is Wednesday January 9 at 7:00 pm at the Mary N. Smith Band room. We have tenatively set the time for the class to meet as the Second and fourth Wednesday of each month. Depending on turnout and what the majority of the group wants this is subject to change.

There is no charge for the class however materials will total $18.00 for a series of three instruction books.

© ShoreMusic.org