ShoreMusic.org
Posted By: MacGyver Other Music News: Michael Jackson - 08/29/2001 12:57 PM
First release from Michael Jackson album hits airwaves

The Associated Press

NEW YORK (August 29, 2001 8:32 a.m. EDT) - "You Rock My World," the first release from Michael Jackson's long-awaited new album, has hit the airwaves.

The up-tempo dance tune features a spoken introduction from comedian Chris Tucker. The song has been receiving heavy airplay since it was released to radio stations over the last few days.

The single is the first new material Jackson has released since his poor-selling 1997 remix album, "Blood on the Dance Floor." It will be featured on his upcoming disc "Invincible," due out Oct. 30.

"Music lovers around the world will be surprised and delighted by the power, depth and range of 'Invincible,"' said Tommy Mottola, chairman and chief executive officer of Sony Music Entertainment.

Jackson has been shooting a video in Los Angeles and has also been in rehearsals for his Sept. 7 and 10 concerts at New York's Madison Square Garden celebrating the 30th anniversary of his solo career. Performers at those concerts will include Britney Spears, Whitney Houston, Destiny's Child, Lenny Kravitz, Usher and the Jackson Five.
Posted By: LadyMab Re: Other Music News: Michael Jackson - 08/29/2001 3:18 PM
Wow. I haven't listened to Michael Jackson in such a long time. I own one of his records (the one with "Thriller", "The Girl is Mine," and some other cool songs on it). I really used to like his music. He started to change, and I stopped listening to him. (Kinda like Prince)

I'd like to hear his new music though. I'm suprised he'd be able to make another record...he was pretty burned out from drugs the last time I saw him on T.V.

Posted By: MacGyver Re: Other Music News: Michael Jackson - 11/13/2001 3:12 PM
Well he has a concert tonight I think if you wanna check it out. It is on TV, one of the networks, like around 8 or 9pm.
Micheal jackson is a good singer just like his sister but i really never like M.J. of the bunch there was always something that bugged me about him.
© ShoreMusic.org