Who's Online Now
0 members (), 58 guests, and 108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
Matthews 663
skyler 146
kornkid77 138
clarisax4 123
Hanna 100
wdize 86
Beth_L 48
LadyMab 39
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics666
Posts1,829
Members131
Most Online860
Nov 8th, 2023
Member Spotlight
Mikey
Mikey
band
Popular Topics (Views)
9,349 advice
ShoreMusic Gallery
Riddle me this, Riddle me that...
Riddle me this, Riddle me that...
by Matthews, November 13
Can You Name the 75 Bands?
Can You Name the 75 Bands?
by Matthews, November 13
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
A
OP Offline
A
[b][/b]I dont think i wanna take band next year because im not liking band like i use to.

Jedi Master
Jedi Master
That's not good frown What was your favorite part of band?

Matthews

A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ~Leopold Stokowski
J
J
well I don't know who you are...but you should really rethink that thought...cuz band is really fun!!

Hanna O'Toole
Lefty

Take time to laugh, its the music of the soul.
-- Source Unknown
L
L
well since im gonna minor in band so i will have a job to fall back on if my medical career doesn't work.

All things are possible if you'll just believe.
A
A
i have to agree w/ queen of va..band isnt what it used to be..i dont kno if its the band teaacher or the music the teacher picks out. in 6th grade through 8th band was the jump-off now its like ???? it might cus all of your friends dropped out but it might cus u only have it one semester!!!

Jedi Master
Jedi Master
You brought up three good points.

Is it:
1. The Teacher - I personally hope this isn't the case, but all too often, it is the case. Many times, there are personality differences between teacher and student. This happens a lot when students move from one director to another. I'll be the first to tell you...I'm not perfect. But I do care about the program, the students, and the music. If there is something I can do to make your experience better, please let me know!

2. The Music that is chosen - This is a big one, and it probably ties into #1 (the Teacher). Every teacher goes through a professional development program and are molded in countless different ways. I like to choose a mix of music ranging from the classics, showtunes, some popular, and even some incidental music from time to time. I know many students would rather play popular all the time. I can understand that, but as a teacher, it is my duty to expose you to many different genres of music. Some of it you'll probably find boring, some I hope you'll find challenging, and some I hope you'll find fun smile

3. Having band one semester - This, in my opinion, is the major problem with our program. The 4x4 block splits up our band into small classes where there are gaping holes in the instrumentation. It would be different if we were a huge school where each band class had 30 students...but this isn't the case. It's very tough, and eventually it will smother a band program.

Matthews

A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ~Leopold Stokowski
L
L
i actually agree on that. i mean why split up all the band people when they can have it all year like we did last year and just change the classes that aren't SOL courses.

All things are possible if you'll just believe.
A
A
well i dont what the case is but i like playin in concerts and i also like competing when we won 1st place last year..it felt so good...i hope to get a rating thats good

Last edited by Briana; 03/29/2007 1:18 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Jonathon B, JoshuaPeterson1, byrd, bRiTt, bjr
131 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Accomack Community Band Gallery
Princess Tea Party
Princess Tea Party
by Matthews, October 1
November 10, 2007 - Onley Veteran's Day Parade
 July 4, 2007 - Accomac Bicycle Parade
July 4, 2007 - Accomac Bicycle Parade
by Matthews, November 13
July 4th, 2006 - Accomac Bicycle Parade
July 4th, 2006 - Accomac Bicycle Parade
by Matthews, November 13
July 4th, 2005 - Accomac Bicycle Parade
July 4th, 2005 - Accomac Bicycle Parade
by Matthews, November 13
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.

Comments or Suggestions?
Let us know!

Site created & maintained by:
ShoreMusic.org

Last modified: April 25 2021 11:20:28.