Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#1412 05/25/2007 12:57 AM
Jedi Master
OP Offline
Jedi Master
Need I say more? I am so impressed and proud of all of you, I don't know what to say. I wasn't very nervous, because I know everyone knew their parts and played them well. My only concern was that everyone would play together with good blending.

From the very beginning, I was blown away with the sheer energy of your performance! The tempi were a little rushed in places, but you all handled it with ease. The intonation was very good, which led to nice blending. I was a little concerned that it was a bit too loud, but with the blending, it all worked out and was tight!

Last year's Spring Concert was good, but it paled in comparison to your performance tonight. Some of my favorite parts:

Music Man - Like I said before, the energy level was outstanding. It made me want to call up Professor Hill and sign up for the marching band! ...Okay...so that was a little corny.. Seriously though, very well done! The attacks were crisp, the balance was very good.

ODC - Again, very high energy, which is a must for dixieland jazz. We took a nice laid back slower tempo for the Jazz Me Blues as well as Ballin' the Jack. You guys were so sensitive to the music that it felt as if it were playing itself. I barely looked at the score the whole night. The confidence of sound was so powerful that the music just happened. That is what it's all about! My only criticism is that we slowed down at that "one part". At least it didn't fall apart, and we didn't lose the energy level. So, it worked out anyway.

Songs in the Key of Life - We had a little bit of a weak start, but it quickly recovered. Once it did, the song played itself. If a band could have a groove, you guys found it. I hope you all felt it, because it is such a magical feeling when it happens. It's almost as if you stop thinking about notes and start to see the music as a whole entity. It was alive! One of the most beautiful parts of the concert was the transition into Isn't She Lovely. Saxophones...bravo! Such a nice sound!

Loch Lomond - By far, this was your best performance of this piece. The balance, the blend, the swelling of energy... I very rarely get "goose bumps" when I conduct. This is mainly because I'm so worried about things falling apart. You played it so well, that I got chills several times. Outstanding! My only criticism here is the vertical alignment at the end. It was a little out of whack at times, but we held it together.

Armed Forces Salute - Energy Energy Energy! That's the key to this concert. You all were charged! Had Frankenstein's Monster been there, he would have been marching in step. The tempi were lively, the blend was awesome. The transitions were smooth, and the end was powerful and precise!

Alright. Maybe now I can sleep. I am so proud of you all. You are a credit to your community and your school. If there is a reason to have school spirit, YOU ARE IT!

**Mr. Matthews does a Ric Flair WOOOOO**

Matthews

A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ~Leopold Stokowski
Matthews #1416 05/25/2007 1:45 PM
L
L
WOWZ!!!!!!!! I MISSED A LOT!!!!!!!!

All things are possible if you'll just believe.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
Jonathon B, JoshuaPeterson1, byrd, bRiTt, bjr
131 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Accomack Community Band Gallery
Princess Tea Party
Princess Tea Party
by Matthews, October 1
November 10, 2007 - Onley Veteran's Day Parade
 July 4, 2007 - Accomac Bicycle Parade
July 4, 2007 - Accomac Bicycle Parade
by Matthews, November 13
July 4th, 2006 - Accomac Bicycle Parade
July 4th, 2006 - Accomac Bicycle Parade
by Matthews, November 13
July 4th, 2005 - Accomac Bicycle Parade
July 4th, 2005 - Accomac Bicycle Parade
by Matthews, November 13
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.

Comments or Suggestions?
Let us know!

Site created & maintained by:
ShoreMusic.org

Last modified: April 25 2021 11:20:28.