I've been thinking about this for some time and want to run it by everyone to get some feedback. I've been considering making some changes to this site in order to attract more visitors. Here is a summary:

1. A name change. I'd like to come up with a good musical name for the site, then have a subtitle such as "Home of the Accomack Community Band". This is mainly to draw visitors from the musical community as a whole who might be more inclined to visit a site about Music.

2. A shift in focus. At the moment, everything is focused on the community band. I'd like to shift the focus in such a way that we, the community band, are providing a service to the musical community (which we already are). The idea here is to provide content that others in the field will be interested in, such as a calendar of events for the Arts in general, articles on various subjects (playing technique, theory, history, etc).

That's about it. Basically I'd like to broaden our target audience to all those who are interested in music and provide content that is more on an educational level. Ideas or comments?

Matthews

A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ~Leopold Stokowski